Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Love My Job!

I just want to do a little bragging I suppose, but I really love where I am working right now.
It is by far the happiest I have ever been with my job. 
Everyone gets along so well, never any drama or bickering.
I always feel so appreciated and welcome. 
I really feel like I am making a difference here too, 
I love that feeling!

So where is this great place you ask?


I am so happy to be here,
have I said that yet, enough?

It is a low cost clinic that provides
a much needed service to our area.

The Augusta/ CSRA area has a 
terrible problem with stray animals and overpopulation.

The facts are tough to hear and the 
statistics concerning the state of pet overpopulation
 in Georgia are staggering:
Statewide an estimated 300,000 pets 
are killed each year at a 
cost of $100 million to taxpayers.
This equates to 62% of homeless pets
who enter county shelters are killed.

This just breaks my heart to hear.
That is why it is so gratifying for me
to work at Dogwood.
I really feel like we, I, am making a
huge impact on the pet overpopulation problem
in this area.

If you decide you want to help
be a solution to the problem
and have your pets spayed or neutered
I encourage you to consider
us over at Dogwood.

Here's a short little pictorial tour 
of our facility in part.







 

 

If you are considering breeding 
your dog or purchasing a dog,
please just think about these statistics
for a while before you do.

Directly from the ASPCA:
It is impossible to determine how many stray dogs and cats live in the United States; estimates for cats alone range up to 70 million.
The average number of litters a fertile cat produces is one to two a year; average number of kittens is 4-6 per litter.
The average number of litters a fertile dog produces is one a year; average number of puppies is 4-6.
Owned cats and dogs generally live longer, healthier lives than strays.
Most strays are lost pets who were not kept properly indoors or provided with identification.
Only ten percent of the animals received by shelters have been spayed or neutered. About 75 percent of owned pets are neutered.
The cost of spaying or neutering a pet is less than the cost of raising puppies or kittens for a year.
Five out of ten dogs in shelters and seven out of ten cats in shelters are destroyed simply because there is no one to adopt them.
All data are ASPCA estimates.













No comments:

Post a Comment